Hurst Feedwater Systems and Blowdown Seperators
The Hurst Feedmiser Automatic Return System provides storage for water make-up and return condensate from the system loop. The system consists of an elevated tank mounted boilers.
When equipped with optional trim, the Feedmiser provides a quality, heavy duty packaged unit fully assembled and ready to install. These units are factory assembled with pre-wired control panel, and fully piped pumps along with all the neccessary fittings and valves. Consider the optional automatic steam preheater. When incorporated into the system, feedwater temperature can be maintained at 210° F. At this high temperature, oxygen and carbon dioxide are released, reducing corrosion problems in the boiler and piping system. Systems are available in single, dual, triple and quad pump configurations and custom orders are welcome.
- Sizes 30 to 1,000 gallons (Larger Sizes on Request) For all types of steam boilers with pressures to 300 psig.
The following trim shall be factory installed on each system:
- Automatic, internal float actuated fresh water make-up valve assembly.
- Water gauge glass set with bronze shut-off cocks and drain.
- Tank drain valve, brass gate.
- Bi-metallic water thermometer.
- Pump suction piping with shut-off valve and strainer.
Typical optional equipment:
- Control panel with motor starters & breakers.
- Pump function lights, selector switches.
- Diffuser tube for extra high temperature condensate return .
- High and low water level alarms.
- Pump alternator switches.
- Magnesium corrosion rod.
- Epoxy lining Manhole openings (200 gallon & larger).
- Electric solenoid valve make-up water assembly. Steam operated feedwater preheater.
- Discharge pressure gauges.
The HBC Blowdown Separator is designed to take water from the boiler during blowdown and reduce it to atmospheric pressure for disposal. The HBC Separator accomplishes this by separating the subsequent flashed steam from the hot water. As the blowdown enters the vessel, it is forced into a centrifugal pattern by means of a striking plate. The steam is vented to the atmosphere through a top connection. The HBC Separator is built as per requirements Section VIII of the ASME Code and stamped by the National Board of Pressure Vessel Inspectors. The HBC Blowdown Separator provides an economical means of safe boiler blowdown.
The separator includes a structural steel support stand for mounting to foundation. Options available are after cooler, manual cooling valve assembly, automatic cooling valve assembly, and exhaust heads.
HURST BLOWDOWN SEPARATORS are built to Section VIII, Division 1 of the ASME Code for 250 PSI design pressure. (200 PSI design pressure with 150# ANSI flanges) Blowdown separator design pressure should be a minimum of 25% of the boiler maximum allowable working pressure (MAWP) as recommended by the National Board.
Due to territory restrictions we can only sell new Hurst boilers inside our Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky territory.
If you are located elsewhere, you will need to contact the representative in your area for pricing.
Directory of Hurst representatives